2.11.2010

Cleaning Meditation

Folding 006

I'm practicing joyful cleaning at our house this week. Since we were snowed in most of the week it was the perfect opportunity for some deep cleaning and laundry catch-up. I'm always surprised at how satisfying and even enjoyable cleaning can be under the right circumstances. When there is no outside pressure and I am simply cleaning to care for our house and our family, it can be really gratifying. As I am practicing my experiment for this week I am also realizing that meditation is something that can be done throughout the day, at anytime, to bring myself more into the present moment. As I clean, I can be conscious of the love I am putting into my work, and how wonderful it is to be able to stay at home and care for my family. What a gift indeed.

No comments: