3.21.2013

Waiting for Hot

017

It has been a long few weeks.  Filled with sickness, sleeplessness, class, papers, presentations, Ryan busy at work/working long hours, and filing our taxes.  And most notably, snowstorms.

018

I won't lie, there is a part of me that is glad that we still have snow on the ground.  With everything going I feel a little sense of relief that I'm not being pulled in one more direction.  That being said, one of the curses of this here is blog is that I can look back and see just what I was doing this time last year.  It is then that I don't care what I have going on now and just wish it was sunny and hot.  I had peas, kale and lettuce in the garden already for heaven's sake!

021

But here we are.
Winter is (still) all around.
And so I buy tulips.
And we make butterflies.
And plant a few seeds.
And I bundle up in my snow pants and sit outside with my eyes closed facing the sun (while Jackson builds a fort in the snow next to me).

022

Eventually it will come.  I can see the light at the end of this (very long) tunnel.

No comments: