11.08.2012

A Halloween Recap

038

I do love Halloween.  I've been meaning to do a post talking more about our night and it just never happened.  So instead a short summary...

~ Grace went to school as a witch.  She put the entire costume together from our dress up bin (that Santa brought few years ago)  She was the cutest little witch I've ever seen, the image of which will have to stay lodged firmly in my brain since I never got a picture.
~ At home Jackson and I worked so hard making his dragon costume inspired by this book.  We transformed a dinosaur costume (also from our dress up bin) into a dragon by adding wings and a dragon "hat" with horns and ears, all of which he helped with.  He also looked adorable, but again... I didn't get any pictures of the whole costume.
~ When Grace got home from school she decided she was done being a witch and wanted to be a fairy for the rest of the day.  Back to the dress up bin she went and put together a fairy costume (again I didn't get much for pictures, no one was in the mood so I didn't push).  She also decided that she needed face paint.  So of course, Jackson did too.
~ Nora and I stayed back while Ryan took the two big kids out trick or treating.  I was a little sad to miss it this year, but Nora was happy to not have to go.
~ Candy was eaten and sorted and traded.  And then about half was carefully selected to give away to the pumpkin fairy.
~ She came (such a gal she is) and brought three books; one about a dragon, one about a witch, and one about fairies.  She also brought two pieces of gold.
~ Then the next day we let Grace stay home from school (in hopes that she would sleep in) and had a home, read our new books, eat candy day.
~ To my surprise, no one has asked about the candy since...

No comments: