11.21.2012

Getting Ready

011

The turkey is brinning
The cornbread is made
The house is clean

This Thanksgiving it seems that while some things are harder this time around (like having three kids instead of two to care for while also getting ready) some things are getting easier.  Preparing just felt smoother this year... more familiar.  Being that this is our fifth time hosting I think it is starting to come a bit more naturally.  And for all the things I don't remember, this blog certainly helps (being able to look back and see what day I make the brine for example... so I don't do what I did the first year and make the brine the night I want to use it forgetting that it needs to cool).  That being said I still had a moment today where I looked around at all that needed to be done and panicked. Thankfully Ryan suggested I stop everything and go outside for a moment to just enjoy the day (and what a beautiful day it was).  That was all I needed to get back on track.

20121121_135445

Looking forward to our day tomorrow...

20121121_135524

No comments: