8.06.2012

Seven Very Simple Dinners From My Garden Last Week

003
Monday:
Enchiladas- I placed cut up (baked) chicken, cheese, and fresh tomatoes in rolled up tortilla shells and baked for 20 minutes or so.  I served with sour cream and more tomatoes

Tuesday:
Sandwiches- ham, cheese, tomatoes, mayo and kale on toasted bread

Wednesday
Turkey burgers and broccoli salad- broccoli, currants (or raisins) sunflower seeds with mayo/cider vinegar/sugar dressing

Thursday
Pasta bar (I am learning that for salad type meals my kids eat way more of it if I set things out separately  and they get to put it together themselves)- I made pesto and pasta and also set out feta cheese, olives, pine nuts, and tomatoes.

007 Friday
Eggs- (our) eggs with cheese, and fresh basil and tomatoes

Saturday
Chicken Devon- I placed (already baked) cubed chicken, cut up broccoli in a 9x12 dish and covered with cream of mushroom soup and shredded cheese.  I toasted some slivered almonds for a few minutes and sprinkled on top then I put in the oven for 20 minutes (I think).

Sunday
Spaghetti- I sauteed minced garlic in 1/2 cup of olive oil for a few minutes then added to a big pot with 16 chopped tomatoes and a bunch of chopped basil.  I simmered for 2 and 1/2 hours.  This made enough for dinner and a jar for the freezer.

010

No comments: