8.22.2012

Our First Barn Party

barnparty 001

barnparty 016

barnparty 008

barnparty 009

barnparty 010

barnparty 012

barnparty 032

barnparty 026
(shirts from great aunt Mary Jo)

barnparty 045

barnparty 051

This morning we are still feeling the high from last night's barn party.  As the five of us (yes, I'm counting Nora's "ahhh's" and "baaa's" as conversation contributions) went over the unfolding of the night at the breakfast table none of us could stop smiling.  It was that fun.

I have to confess, the idea wasn't ours.  My aunt suggested it as a place for all the family (who is in town from Texas and Massachusetts) to hang out for a night.  I was on board right away but it wasn't until my sister and I begin planning everything that I started to get really excited.  But even then I'm not sure I could have imagined just how fun it would be.

There was grilling and farm food.
Smores by the bonfire.
And then (what the five of us have unanimously agreed was the best part) there was the dancing.  Even my Grandma danced.  Looking around at all the happy faces singing and stomping there feet I decided that there is just something magical about a barn.

As I was finishing the clean up at the end of the night after all the kids were in bed I concluded three things
1)  That was hands down the best night of my summer.
2)  I (we) need to take more advantage of this space.
3)  There will be more barn parties in our future.  Lots more.


barnparty 062

No comments: