6.26.2012

Love Your Weeds

029

Lately my life is feeling overrun with weeds.  There are the actual weeds of course.  The weeds threatening to overtake every single garden we've planted this year.  The weeds that despite our best effort we just can't keep up with.

031

Then there are also the metaphoric weeds that seem to be overwhelming me at the moment.  All those things that I didn't plant but seem to be showing up just the same.  Things that aren't pretty, or easy, or fun (or cheap) that need tending to.  Yes we have a lot of those kinds of weeds right now too.

033

But somewhere in me I know that even weeds have their place in life.  That there are lessons and purpose and even beauty in weeds.  So that is where my heart is at the moment.  Working on tending all the weeds in my lifewith as much patience and peacefulness as I can muster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unknowingly I picked a bunch of stinging nettle today... I did not love my weeds but did love the sunshine

Anonymous said...

Pretty weed photos though