5.09.2011

Dang that Flu... and Other Randomness

sick 003

So as it turns out, my Mother's Day ended (in the middle of the night) with me rubbing Grace's back as she tearfully complained of an achy tummy. Yup... she has the flu. Originally Ryan offered to go lay with her when she got sick but after a few minutes of hearing how miserable she was I let him off the hook. There is just something in a mother's bones that makes her want to be with her sick child I guess (despite how much I could have used the sleep). Such is motherhood.

Other tid-bits...

I did get caught up on some laundry today (this was good since I've spent the last four days ignoring it in favor of gardening... the pile was embarrassingly huge).

Jackson was all better today and finally ready to play with his sister. His sister, of course, was now finally understanding why Jackson hasn't wanted to play for the past five days.

We compromised by snuggling in bed together with a giant pile of books.

The plant pile in need of planting is slowly dwindling.

The seeds in need of planting are slowly getting crossed off the list.

The battery is dead in my car.

The chickens now insist on going outside everyday (really).

I think I might be back to daily blogging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm or not - about the daily blogging - hope you all are feeling better

amy said...

I know, I know... I spoke too soon:)