1.01.2011

Hello 2011

It was a nice long week and New Year's weekend. We did a lot of relaxing and rejuvenating. And now I think I'm ready and excited to enter a new year.

New Years 041

My new years resolutions

1. Start yoga
2. Drink green tea everyday
3. Write for 10 hours a week

That last one is my biggy. It will take a lot of discipline on my part to make myself write that much. But I have a small window of opportunity... especially over the next couple months. It's too early to start garden planning, I don't really have anything going on with school, my work schedule is changing so I only work three days a week, and I'm not pregnant (or planning on being pregnant anytime soon). If I could just carve out the time to write (and organize what I have already written) it maybe, could, possibly amount to something worth doing something about.

I decided recently that I can't deny anymore that I want to be a writer. And everyone who has ever written anything says the only way to become a writer is to write. So I decided this weekend that I don't care if I'm 78 before I'm published, I will write and write and write and write and someday, whether it's in 5 years or 50, I will be a writer.

(Or perhaps the first thing I should do is learn how to spell the word "writer", since I just did the spell check and realized I added an extra "t" each time I wrote it)

No comments: