1.27.2011

My New Favorite Magazine

Myfav 002

I discovered this magazine this fall... and fell in love with it. The pictures and stories are amazing.

Myfav 005

There are always beautiful gardens to drool over (and this sun room that will be an addition on our house someday, minus the checkered floor).

Myfav 009

And I always love the inspiring stories of people making a living through their art or simple craft... soap making, toy making, baking, etc.

Myfav 010

Myfav 008

The decorating ideas are unique and very eclectic.

Myfav 017

Myfav 012

And the farm stories... I love those the most.

Myfav 014

Myfav 016

Myfav 015

I'm almost embarrassed say this since anyone who has seen/sees our farm would think I'm ridiculous and crazy (which I am) but I've always felt this house and the land here land have a little bit of a European feel to them. Maybe it's because when we first saw the house it was filled with antiques that the previous owners had brought back from Europe. Or maybe it's because of all the old stones and bricks everywhere... or the overgrown vines and gardens. In any case, it is the only thing that made me hesitate when trying to decide if we should paint the barn red (because there's nothing more American then that). But in the end we've both always wanted a big red barn... and it feels much more authentic to embrace and celebrate where we do live then to try and create something else. Still, I am so inspired by the farms and countryside in Europe, and this magazine is the perfect fix for that.

Myfav 020

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the european feel of your farm!