3.02.2010

Experiment 2: Day 7

hike 043

I really have been meditating a lot more then I'm letting on, I just haven't been as good at recording it. Actually it can be kind of hard to record, as sometimes the chance for meditation comes in fleeting moments, or when I'm lying in bed at night. But the good news is, because of this experiment, I have been completely sold on meditation. That is not to say I haven't been sold on it in the past, because I have, and still somehow over time I let it go. But at least for awhile anyway, meditation has a permanent home in my life. I love it.

This afternoon as I was meditating (while looking out the kitchen window to our beautiful backyard), I was once again reminded of the hike we had yesterday and how wonderful it really was. I didn't say it in my post yesterday but it had been a hard day. Grace and Jackson got sick over the weekend and still weren't quite themselves. Not to mention sleep for everyone was lacking. As we started hiking through the woods I was suddenly jolted into the present moment (as opposed to earlier in the day when I was pretty fixated on how much longer it would be until Ryan came home). I felt so alive and inspired. It changed my entire day, oddly enough, even what happened before we went out there (if that makes any sense). Walks in nature I realized, for me anyway, are often like meditation. They have the ability to instantly bring gratitude, inspiration, and a sense of peace to the moment. They catapult me into the present. Such a gift nature is.

No comments: