3.26.2010

Exploring the Big Woods

spring2 027

This afternoon while outside working on the yard I looked up to see Grace and Jackson starting to head down the trail in the woods. Looking forward to a short work break I came running after yelling "wait for me" only to be met with, "no mom, we want to go for a hike by ourselves." "Oh", I replied, a little caught off guard, "well, I guess that's fine just stay where I can see you and hear you." And off they ran.

Though I hadn't anticipated this day would come quite so soon, I do absolutely love it. The idea of my children off playing in the woods in their own backyard was one of the (many) reasons I fell in love with this place. I went back to my work and listened as they explored on their own. A few times Jackson got stuck or needed help getting around something and I would hear him say "help", at which point Grace would immediately be at his side talking sweetly and helping him get by.

Reason #87 on why I love our farm.

No comments: