2.06.2009

Homework



Here it is, my painting. This is the first in a series I'm going to paint. This one is about motherhood and how it changed me, and how I learned to find value in the everyday tasks of being a homemaker (well on the good days anyway). It's also about the feminine spirit, and how I have come to nurture that in myself. It was very gratifying to make, many layers and layers of paint and collage. That's me in the middle.

The rest in the series will have to wait though. I started working on Grace's quilt again today and I decided I really need to finish that. Okay just writing that there made me take a sudden appreciation in the fact that I have time to do these things right now in my life. All too soon I'll be finished with school and moving back into the working world. Of course that has it's own appeal to it, but for now I'll just enjoy having time to create.

No comments: