10.23.2008

Breathe In



I'm not feeling like such a good mom over the past few days. Between getting ready to move and not sleeping well (cause I'm so excited to move) I haven't exactly been living up to my mom standards (hmmm. maybe I shouldn't have mom standards). Today though, so far so good. Grace and I played babies and I put on a puppet show. Then after lunch we went to the park. Not that I feel that children are entitled to a parent's undivided attention. Nor do I think that learning the lesson that sometimes life is busy and mom and dad don't have as much time to spare is a bad thing. But I do enjoy spending quality time with my children. And I do think it's important, after all, that is why I stay home. But I won't beat myself up over it, and just for today, I'll be thankful that we had such a full day. Not to mention probably one of our last at "our" playground. I'm very aware these days of all the memories we've created around us and making a real effort to breathe it all in.

No comments: