10.03.2008

Saying Yes




I am reading this great book called "Playful Parenting" and it stresses the importance of playing with your children (and enjoying it) , it is the way they stay connected to us. So I've been working on trying to say yes more to Grace. Since Jackson was born, it seems like whenever she asks me to play with her I have some sort of excuse, "I have to clean", "I have to make dinner", "I have to do the laundry." And of course I really do have to do these things, but the reason I stay at home with her is to be able to be there for her and spend time with her. I realized if I am able to sit and really play and be in the moment with her for even five minutes it's enough to get her off and playing happily on her own again. And, as an added bonus, it gets me out of serious parent mode and into (the much more fun) silly parent mode. So I also end up going about my work in a better mood. Plus, how could you not say yes to that little face?

No comments: