9.21.2008

Two Months Ago...


It's true that when ever anyone asks I tell them birthing Jackson into this world was my dream birth. It's not that it was easy, or pain free... in fact at times it was quite painful. But there has never been a time in my life that I have felt more alive or empowered. He was born in the water, in the middle of the night, during a thunderstorm. We were the only ones at the hospital, and for the majority of the labor, it was just my husband there to help me breathe through the contractions. My midwife came in to assist only when it was time to push. At this point I also needed some reassurance that I could really do this- which she and Ryan both helped me believe that I could. After 25 minutes of pushing, my midwife brought my hands down to "catch" my baby. I brought him up to lay on my chest. And there, in that moment, I'm just not sure what words could capture it... bliss, ecstasy, serenity...the feeling I had was unlike anything I've ever experienced. But even more wonderful then that, was how happy I was for him, because what could be a more wonderful way to come into this world.

No comments: