9.28.2008

The Sling




When Grace was born I just could not master the sling. Although in all fairness, I didn't give it much effort. I had one sling to chose from and she just wasn't a fan of it. This time around I was determined to get it figured out, so I armed myself with several different sling choices and some experienced "slingers" to advise me. Instant success. Initially Jackson spent most of his hours in the "New Native" baby carrier. But by two months he was starting to protest that one so we moved to a pouch (big fan) by "Kangaroo Korner". But the biggest babywearing milestone was crossed this weekend when we mastered the "just plain long piece of fabric" sling. I'm not exactly sure why this was so intimidating to me because it's really quite easy, and fun. There are so many ways to wear it. It's very comfortable and it's nice to give my left shoulder a break. I can't wait to go buy some fun colored fabrics to make more of them!

No comments: