11.18.2015

Life

2015-11-18_09-19-42

Over the last few weeks I have cut down a winding path through our little patch of land.  It weaves through woods and meadows and connects up with the land trust behind our house as well.

2015-11-18_09-19-29

I think we have used it everyday since I started making it.  It is my new favorite way to start our day.  Just a nice little hike looking for birds (or fairies, as was the case today).

2015-11-18_09-20-14

It has also been my saving grace as we are on one of the longest sick runs we have experienced since Nora was a baby.  Every now and then we have a day where everyone is well and I think it's all behind us and then a new illness strikes.  Two nights ago Jackson got a fever.  When he woke up yesterday it was almost gone and then by the end of the day it had disappeared.  We were able to join Ryan's mom and Scott to have a birthday dinner celebration.

 2015-11-18_09-08-36

I mistakenly assumed all was well and then last night he woke up in the night with a fever of 103.  Then this morning, it was magically gone again.  But, now tonight he said he had a tummy ache.
 
2015-11-18_09-09-15

Then there is the nagging cough all three of them have that will not go away.  We have had to cancel so many things over the last month.  I'm just looking forward to everyone being healthy again.  

2015-11-18_09-09-54

Anyway, back to this path that I love.  We have made so many new discoveries over the last few weeks and I feel like we're getting to know our land in a whole new way.  Old farm "treasures", birds and animals, and even some fairy signs have all been showing up on our little hikes.

Today the kids got really excited because the water is so high right now so instead of having just one pond there are at least three back there- they're envisioning some major ice skating rinks.  As for me I'm still enjoying the milder weather.  Most days I don't even need a jacket.  Considering the long winters we have I'm appreciating this little gift.

No comments: