10.16.2015

Goodbye North Shore

20151011_120823

On our last day, we woke up and ate breakfast on our back "patio" over looking the lake.  We got going fairly quickly and stopped in Duluth for one more meal at my favorite restaurant (which I needed after the last few days of eating. Also what is with the kids menus everywhere??  Can we mix in a fruit or vegtable to our fried food choices at least?!)

On our way home Ryan and I talked about what how amazing it is up there and wondered why we don't visit more often.  We tentatively planned to make it an annual vacation, exploring new areas each year.  I like this plan.

As for the highlights, I think Ryan and I would say we liked Beaver Bay the best.  It was so beautiful and we had the it all to ourselves.  Although for me the Lighthouse was a close second.  I know I visited Split Rock as a child but I do not remember it making such an impression on me.  I loved the stories and the history of it.  I think Grace felt the same.  Although she also, along with Jackson and Nora felt the the pool was probably the best part.

No comments: