10.04.2015

Apple Sauce

055

058

057

Today at my parent's house (with a little help from my helper) we canned 20 jars of apple sauce (Weck jars of varying sizes).  A few notes for next year

~ Plan to pick apples when I can can them in the next day or so.  This year we picked apples on Tuesday and canned them on Sunday which was too long, some of the apples had already started to go bad.

~ Apples do not take as long as tomatoes but it was still a 6 or 7 hour process.

~ Canning this many jars was about 3/4 of one laundry basket of apples.  Also, I couldn't have fit more then this amount in Katie's big pot that I was using.

~ If I want to can more apples then this (which I should have this year, still have more apples) I should allow an additional 5 or 6 hours as I will need to do another pot of them.

~ Might need to work in an apple canning party next year.

No comments: