10.26.2014

Weekend Highlights

054

041

050

001

049

20141026_100216

055

Oh this was such a good weekend.  Some of my favorite moments...

~ After spending many of the last several weekends with all or some of us away it felt so good to just be home together all weekend.

~ I have been trying to find more time for myself throughout the day and so on Thursday night I made a very detailed plan of how I/we would work through our day on Friday.  It worked so well and I found myself with some very nice chunks of time to meditate and drink tea.  Great start to the weekend.

~ I started cleaning the basement this weekend and then spent some time poking around on pintrest and now I've got some really fun basement ideas brewing...

~ Time to read by the fire.

~ Grace "baby-sitting" Nora while I ran some errands and Ryan mowed the lawn.  I even came home to folded laundry.  Later she told me, "I was having some really frustrated/angry moments today so I decided to do some nice things for others because that always makes me feel good".  Her insight never fails to amaze me.

~ Working in the garden.  Wait, and how could I forget the beautiful weather.

~ Having pizza dinner in the barn

~ Knitting, drinking Chai tea and playing chess with Grace at our coffee shop (might have been my favorite part of the whole weekend).

~ Finding a new little coffee shop (while leaving our old one) and deciding to have a cup of soup and knit some more.

~ I think Jackson and Ryan would want to add that going to hit golf balls together this afternoon was a highlight for them.

~ A visit from Grandma Sam and Grandpa Scott

~ Starting our new book tonight (2nd book in the Laura Ingalls series)

No comments: