10.29.2014

Moments

002

I have been having a lot of moments lately where I really just want to freeze time.  Or more accurately I want to freeze this time with my children.  Life with an 8, 6 and 2 year old is so full, but most of the time it is full in the best of ways.  Or maybe it's just that the happy moments are so good they seem to cancel out all the rest.  In any case selfishly there is a part of me that wishes that this phase in our lives could just go on and on forever.

But of course it can't.  So all that's left to do is enjoy these moments that I do have.  These last several days have held some really wonderful moments.  Or maybe it is just that I am noticing them more.  Ryan stacking row after row of wood.  Grace and her roller skates.  Jackson chopping kindling.  Nora and her wheel barrel and her buckets of dirt. Me sitting down with one (or three) of them to read another one of our favorite Autumn books.

It's the little things.  I wish I could always remember this so clearly.

No comments: