3.31.2012

Our Week

017

I was without a computer all week as we were having it fixed.  I wrote a lot of posts in my head over the last few days but of course I've forgotten them all by now.  So I'll just do a short recap of the week. 

~The spring blooming that begins here with all of our flowering trees has begun.  Last weekend the magnolia trees begin to flower.  They are my favorite.

~Last weekend Grace and Jackson got to cash in on the awesome Christmas present Auntie Katie and "Kiss" gave them... a weekend at a hotel with an indoor water park.  So Saturday morning without waking Ryan or I, they both got up early, got dressed, brushed their teeth, and packed their bags.  I awoke around 7:30 to Grace standing by my bed saying "okay mom, we're all set to go!".  So with barely a kiss goodbye they left us to enjoy a weekend of watersliding, bunkbedding, and pizza partying among other things. 

~I fit some writing in last weekend while the two big kids were away.

~Little Nora has become a very happy, smiley little girl.  She even laughed at me today.

~There was a lot of painting that went on here this week.  Thank goodness too because our fridge needed some spring color.

~Nora is finally starting to take a liking to the sling.  This is big.  I have been trying and trying with my collection of slings to keep her happy in one but up until recently it has been pretty difficult.  Finally within the last week or so she has started to become more accepting of them.  Phew.

~We are starting to build our garden fence this weekend.  It's going to be a slow process that we will hopefully finish up by the end of the summer (see how I'm starting to lower my expectations of things to a more realistic time frame... giving myself a pat on the back for that one).

~I did some sewing this week, a pair of long shorts for Jackson and a skirt for Grace.  I can't believe how much I love to sew these days.

~I'm sure I'm forgetting some important details but that's all I can remember for now. Oh, except for Easter Egg dying... next post.

No comments: