1.04.2012

For Baby

20120104_161537

If this baby decided to come the same time Grace did, it would be here in two days.  I tend to have my babies just a bit early. 

20120104_161634

But one of the great things about being a mom for the third time (or even the second), is that you know that you really don't need much.  Some soft clothes, a sling, and a cozy place to nap are about it aside from diapers.  So just in case baby does decide to come early (in which case I would be bringing it "home" here), I'm now all set.

20120104_161645

I made this little blanket yesterday along with a soft cushion for padding so now baby has a napping place (though do I really ever set my babies down in the first few months of life, no not really).

20120104_161233

And even though I do have a few slings, I really wanted to make a wrap for myself (ha, that's me practicing with Grace's baby).  It was about the easiest thing in the world.  I brought 5 yards of 36 inch wide  muslin, hemmed the two ends (for the sides the salvage works great), and added some pretty fabric for the front so I always know where to start.

20120104_161510

I love it.  And really now I feel ready no matter where I bring it home to. 
(Plus it couldn't be that bad bringing a baby home to a place where cooking and cleaning are someone else's responsibility.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! love that quilt!
woah two days...

amy said...

I know! but it's still three weeks early so hopefully not quite yet. Jackson was only one and a half weeks early. i think we get to go home next Tuesday.