10.31.2011

Costumes and My Grandma

halloween11 010

My Grandma.  Though it has been many years now since she passed away, I still think of her on a daily basis.  And more then ever since having children and moving to our farm.  So many things that have become an important part of my life were introduced to me by my her.  She was the one who taught me how to can.  Who picked berries with me and then taught me how to make them into jam.  She loved to bake.  She loved to draw.  She loved nature.  And she loved to sew.  When my sister and I were little she sewed us clothes and costumes.  As I got older, she taught me how to sew and helped me make my first quilt.

halloween11 009

Recently I came across this picture (Kirsten and Sarah in the crayon costumes and Katie and I in the cat and bunny... too cute) and wondered if they would fit my children.  So the last time we were at my parent's house we dug them out and tried them on, a perfect fit.  They were so excited about them too, knowing that auntie Katie and I had worn them when we were little.  My Grandma had sewn these for us one Halloween and I have such fond memories of helping to pick out the pattern and the fabric and excitedly watching the progress.  What a delight to several years later see them on my own children.

halloween11 040

halloween11 046

halloween11 051

halloween11 054

No comments: