8.02.2010

Farm Mornings

While I of course love going on vacation. I also love being home. I think I am especially appreciating that now, as I know our vacations are done for the year. It feels really good to get back into the rhythm of things.
morning 006

This morning shortly after we finished breakfast Grace and Jackson ran outside in their underwear. It was such a beautiful morning I couldn't very well make them come back in just to put their clothes on. So as I worked on the gardens, the two of them ran around having underwear adventures (I should add that Jackson is not yet potty trained but he likes to practice).

At one point they ran a little out of my comfort zone, so I trekked along after them. As I was walking... and enjoying the warm sun and the smell of the morning breeze... I had one of those moments. One of those fully present in awe of my life moments. One of those I couldn't be happier moments. Here I was, on this beautiful day, working in my gardens on my farm. And here my kids are, running around freely in their underwear, on their farm, completely oblivious to how great that is because it is just a normal part of their life.

I made sure to stop and breathe it all in.

I love those kind of moments.

No comments: