11.25.2009

The Preparations...

I have a lot of pictures from our holiday, so I've divided them up into two posts. First, the preparations...

Thanksgiving 266
Made the place settings.


Thanksgiving 270
Made the candle for the centerpiece.


Thanksgiving 277
These beautiful flowers were delivered from Ryan's mom and Scott.


Thanksgiving 285
Katie arrived (just in time to save my sanity I think as Ryan was still at work during all this Thanksgiving Eve preparing). And we started baking... beginning with "Apple Slump" a recipe Grace had picked out from her favorite Thanksgiving book.


Thanksgiving 287
Thanksgiving morning- just out of bed- Grace and I started to make the pies (I know it's a blurring picture but I had to post it since it's a memory I don't want to forget).


Thanksgiving 308
The day seemed to be filled with kitchen food preparations- luckily, I love this.


Thanksgiving 303
There also seemed to be a lot of trips to the store. The very last trip Katie made, just hours before everyone else arrived, in pursuit of a table cloth. Mission accomplished.


I do love the getting ready part, although I have to admit, I had my stressful moments. When I was growing up "getting ready" for things, even fun things, and especially big things, was usually very exciting, but also very stressful. I'm trying to work on that about myself- nixing that stressful part. Especially if the getting ready is for something fun, like a holiday. So I practiced letting go... and was successful at times, and unsuccessful at others. Baby steps I guess. But I am happy to say that regardless of that, I do have many happy memories of the preparations to look back on. And for that I am very thankful.

No comments: