11.02.2009

The Art Room

artroom 031

To celebrate the one year anniversary of moving here, I thought I could write a few posts about our home. We have worked so hard on our house over the last year. Despite feeling at times like we were getting no where, looking back over the last year, we actually have done quite a bit (though I do think the to do list is getting longer instead of shorter).

artroom 028

So I'll begin with one of the few rooms that actually feels finished- the art room. Initially the art room was upstairs and the playroom was here, but after settling into this space we realized that for many reasons the two needed to be switched. And I must say, the switch was a great idea. I LOVE this room. Being that it's off the living room I am constantly being draw in there to sew, paint, or do something artsy. Another plus about having it off the living room is that I do a better job of keeping it clean, which in turn inspires more art.

My inspiration boards I made by covering some cork board in fabric
artroom 022
artroom 005

An art space for Grace and Jackson...
artroom 075
artroom 063

It really is such a luxury to have a space that we can all use for our creative pursuits. And these paintings here... a project I'm working on for another room in the house...
artroom 073

No comments: