2.23.2015

Quilt Making In Progress

056

062

065

Recently when trying to figure out how to rearrange bedrooms, now that Nora is moving out of ours, Grace and Jackson and Nora all decided they wanted to share a room.  At first it was tempting to try and persuade them into some other arrangement, I mean realistically this can't last more then a year... and maybe not more then five minutes.  But on the other hand, even if it does only last 5 minutes, the fact that my 9 year old, my 6 year old, and my 3 year old think this sounds appealing, is really very touching.  And, this short window of time will most assuredly be the only time in their whole lives that the three of them will all share a room together.  With that realization, I thought this occasion called for some new quilts.  Nora doesn't have one yet, Jackson's that I just made him is now downstairs in the new basement play space along with almost everything else from his "old" room (pictures coming soon) and Grace's is hanging in there but has quite a few rips and tears (I know a little bit more about quilt making now so hopefully this won't happen anymore).  So yes, a new quilt for each of them.  I always love making quilts, picking out and putting together the colors might be my favorite part (it reminds me of making a giant collage) but all of it is made even more memorable with my little helper.  She has assisted me every step of the way.  Just like her big sister use to do.

No comments: