4.28.2014

Weekend Highlights

001

My weekend plans dramatically shifted around 2 in the morning of Friday night when I realized 1) Nora was sick with a fever and 2) it's 2 in the morning and I'm awake.  We still don't really know what she had (has?). Her only real symptoms were a fever and being extremely tired.  A virus?  Teething?  Not sure.  Anyway, despite my poor little girl being so sleepy and lethargic all weekend (and my fun plans of going up north with friends canceled) there were still some highlights...

~ Okay this isn't a highlight but she feel asleep at table... could she be any cuter
~ Saturday was a beautiful, sunny day.
~ To make up for my canceled plans Ryan offered to go get a load of pea gravel for the garden.  Anything that involves shoveling, rocks and the garden is, for me, equivalent to taking a handful of anti-depressants.
~ During one of Nora's long naps I spent a blissful two hours in the garden doing just that.
~ In the evening I spent more time out there with the two big kids planting kale, lettuce, and beets.
~ On Sunday the rainy morning gave us the opportunity to be lazy by the fire reading our new library books.
~ In the afternoon Grace and Jackson had a swimming birthday party with a friend from the play.
~ This morning Ryan's work right down the street offered us the opportunity to have a slow start back to our week.

Untitled

Nora still isn't back to herself yet but today her fever was gone.  Hoping by tomorrow she's back to her cheery self.

No comments: