4.25.2014

This Year's Garden

002

008

001

I hereby declare that this year's garden is going to be hands down the best garden we've ever had.  Now that Nora is finally old enough to play happily in the sandbox (for more then 5 minutes) I have been thoroughly enjoying hauling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of large stones up to the garden to make 4 new large garden beds.  This feels incredibly satisfying as now the fenced in garden is completely filled with proper beds.  Even more satisfying was discovering one of the huge compost piles I'd forgotten about that I made two years ago now full of nutrient rich usable compost.  

The chickens have been so happy rummaging around in there that I haven't even planted anything yet (which is late for me).  I figure their grub eating might help my odds (for the best garden to date) so I'm letting them rummage around for just a bit longer.

Truly nothing makes me happier then being outside in the garden this time of year with my shovel and wheelbarrow.  No bugs, perfect temperatures and so much possibility awaiting.

No comments: