3.31.2014

The Play

179

I decided our make up posts would best be divided into two categories- the play, and everything else.

196

While the year is not over yet, I think I can say for certain that this play was hands down the highlight of their school year.  (All pictures of the play were taken- ahem, against theater rules- by my Dad)

201

After all of their hard work (rehearsals often four times a week and 45 minutes away), it was such a joy to see them up their performing (and loving every minute).  They did awesome.  I couldn't have been more proud.

Untitled

After their very first show, I took them both to my favorite coffee shop (where I had spent many rehearsal nights quite enjoying myself) to celebrate.

012

Then, with only a few hours to spare before their next show, we spent some time in one of my favorite places in the whole world, Interstate Park.  A place I use to spend a lot of time in when they were little.

019

015

007

We saw animal "stories" everywhere, just like their play.

001

On week two of the play, with a night performance to be followed by another performance the very next morning, my mom treated all of us to a night at a local hotel.  This allowed us to replace driving with sleep, swimming and "office playing".

Untitled

While I was so ridiculously proud to see my children up on stage acting, I was equally proud to see the way this lovely group of young actors (with such diverse backgrounds and ages) worked together, both on stage and off.  I had the opportunity to be backstage for several performances and watching all of them interact with each other in such a caring and respectful way was very inspiring.  I know that is why Grace and Jackson enjoyed themselves so much throughout this experience.

Untitled

Countless rehearsals and 11 performances, it consumed our lives for those two months, but definitely in a good way.  They are still sad it is over.  They miss their new friends and the excitment of being a part of something bigger then themselves.

220

But, they have both assured me, this is not the end.  There will be more plays to come.

No comments: