11.06.2013

Gratitude

"To be thankful is to have a sense of wonder about the beauty of this world and to welcome all of life as a gift.  Thankfulness is a path to contentment." (The Family Virtues Guide)

Today I am thankful for...

005

~ The snow.  Despite my resistance to winter this year I found myself giddy right along with my children when I woke up this morning and saw the snow.  So beautiful.

008

~ Homeschooling and all of the opportunities for connection, inspiration, and growth it provides

009

~ Clay.  How is it that I forgot how much I love clay? Grace, Jackson and I spent a good two hours creating with clay this afternoon.  I think we could have happily continued on forever if it weren't for a certain one year old waking up from her nap.

012

~ The healing power of art.

013

"Thankfulness is being glad for the special things which come along.  It is also being grateful for the little things which happen all around you and within you every day." (The Family Virtues Guide)

20131105_121145

~ Our homeschool group.  This week we made soup together over a fire, played games and read the story of Stone Soup.  I feel so lucky to be apart of this community of families.

20131103_102210

~ Swim season has arrived.  Last Sunday we spent the morning at "our" pool.

The cozy chair in front of the fireplace where I can just sit and rest my soul.

006

"Thankfulness is a way to get perspective when things don't look good and you start to loose hope.  It is a way to grow when painful things happen, by looking at the gifts which are always there, even when they seem hidden." (The Family Virtues Guide)

No comments: