9.16.2013

Field Trip: Marine on St. Croix

011

014

018

025

024

030

032

033

038

035

Notes:
This year I decided that in addition to our regular lessons we are going to learn about good 'ol Minnesota. After this past "spring" that brought snowstorms in May my two bigger kids have had some pretty negative things to say about Minnesota.  While I can't blame them too much for their attitudes, I do want them to fully appreciate all the wonderful things Minnesota has to offer.  As much as I also complained last spring, I really do love it here and I want them to see that beauty too.  Plus I want them to have a good sense of their own heritage.  So we started this year with our first field trip to Marine on St. Croix, one of the first established towns in Minnesota.  We made a trip into the original general store, discovered another secret beach, had a picnic, visited a "settler's cabin" and sampled the really yummy chocolate.  On the way home I asked what they thought of their first homeschooling field trip and the response was a unanimous "awesome!".  I guess we're off to a good start.

No comments: