7.31.2013

18 Months

030

031

034

033

How can I capture into words this beautiful little being.  I can't I suppose, but I will try.

She loves to explore, to get in and up close with things.  She is curious.  But shy.  Very shy.  If she doesn't know you she will simply watch and take you in for as long it takes for her to feel comfortable.  But, when she is finally comfortable she has a lot to say.  "Go downstairs, do it" (this translates into "I want to go downstairs all by myself"), or "Great-grandma, clock is loud" (something she learned when visiting my Grandma recently who has a large grandfather clock), or my personal favorite, "Grace n Jackson dinner!" which she will yell at the top of her lungs when prompted.  In fact there isn't much she doesn't say at this point.

She has some really great faces too which she loves to display at the dinner table and get us all laughing.  She still loves to read and will drop anything to sit in your lap and read a book.  She also recently has a new love of painting.  At any point I might turn around to find her with a paint brush and paints in hand asking for "papor".

But maybe my favorite thing is her snuggles- she loves to give hugs and kisses and truly there is nothing better.  So sweet our little Nora is.  I remember thinking it with all three of my kids but oh how I wish I could just bottle this age up and keep it with me forever.


No comments: