6.14.2013

Summer

034

I think it is safe to say that summer is here.  At least I hope it is safe to say that (is it hard to believe I am still worried I might jinx us into more snow?).  Grace is home from school finally which has been so nice.  And last night I made a salad from our garden for the first time this season.  Delicious.

029

So far this summer I think most of my time has been spent following this little one around.  She is a busy girl.

022

I officially have no bees this summer which is a real bummer for me.   Last month they swarmed.  I have no idea where they went but I do know they are still alive and thriving somewhere.  We have been enjoying spotting them on our flowers collecting pollen.  While I am sad that I won't have any honey to harvest the fact that they are out there doing their good work and that they still come to visit makes me smile.

004

Inspired by the high number of ticks this year we decided to add some guinea hens to our little farm.  Supposedly they eat an incredible number of ticks.  And they are pretty cute too.  At least right now.

010

This week Grandma came out to get Jackson for a three day sleepover.  From what I've heard about their time together I have a feeling he will never come home.

027

Other then that this week of our summer has been pretty full with classes.  Grace has been at sheep/wool camp all week at farm school.  And Jackson is taking a mini golf class while staying at Grandma's.

IMG951983

As much fun as it is watch them enjoying learning all of these new activities I am looking forward to some lazier summer days starting next week.  Long walks, lingering in the garden and running through the sprinkler.  Yes actually that sounds like the perfect "to do" list for next week.

No comments: