6.29.2013

Cinnamon-Rhubarb Muffins

Let's pretend I don't have 89 posts to catch up and just focus on today.  I love today.  The weather was sunny, but not too sunny... warm, but not too warm... breezy, but not too breezy.  I gardened without my rock eating sidekick for over two hours.  I jumped on our new trampoline (who knew how much fun a trampoline could be, I did not).  
And then, then to top it all off, I made these (modified just a bit)
P6296499

For the muffins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 and a half cups white and 1/2 cup of wheat)
  • 3/4 cup brown or white sugar
  • 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 8 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups 1/4-inch-diced rhubarb
For the topping:
  • 3 Tbs. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

  •  In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and whisk to blend.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Lightly stir the sour cream mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula until the batter just comes together; do not over mix. Gently stir in the diced rhubarb. The batter will be thick.  For the top in a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Sprinkle a generously over each muffin.  Bake at 400 for 10 to 14 minutes.  Makes 18 muffins.  

No comments: