5.18.2012

This Year's Gardening

006

I have very slowly been picking away at our gardens.  While we were way ahead on kale, potatoes, peas,and lettuce (already harvesting lettuce actually), everything else is behind.  This week I have been trying my best to get out there in the five minute increments I seem to have these days.  It is just so hard to keep little Nora a part of all the action.

I've tried gardening like this... which works for awhile (and only if it's not too sunny, windy, hot or cold)

014

And this... which also works for a(short)while.

013

But none of it buys me the long chunk of time that I really need.  So today I hired a very willing and happy (Grandma Lee) baby holder...

029

And finally I got some work done.  24 tomato plants, 12 broccoli plants, watermelon seeds and a lot of tilling to be exact.  There is still so much more to do but I finally feel like I've made a dent in it.

006

008

And of course, I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't a normal year.  Whatever doesn't get done is okay.  I'll just keep working at it (in slow motion) with my two little helpers.

No comments: