7.15.2011

Harvesting

The beginning of our harvest season has arrived and so far we couldn't be more pleased.

Jacksonbday 004

The peas did amazingly well.  So well, I'm actually worried I won't use them all.  I'm in the process of blanching and freezing as many as I can but I may have started this process a little too late.  Needless to say we have been eating peas for breakfast lunch and dinner.

bugcatchers 013

Possibly my most favorite "crop" we have, our black raspberries, are the biggest, juiciest berries to date.  I think it is because of all the rain this year.  We have picked over 20 buckets of them, with hopefully more to go.  I am freezing many of the buckets for use throughout the year.

006

Our broccoli was really successful this year (though we did loose a few plants over the week we were gone to heat). I made the last two bunches into our favorite broccoli soup for dinner tonight.

002

And most exciting of all... we are just days away from our first tomatoes!

No comments: