2.27.2011

First Seeds

P2279464

P2279465

P2279467

P2279471

Today we planted 36 Newburg onion seeds and some St. John's Chamomile flowers. This is our first year trying to grow from seed so I am both excited and nervous about it. Thankfully Grace wore her blue hat so I think that should bring us some luck. In any case, over the next few months our kitchen is going to double as a greenhouse/science lab (depending on how things turn out). Next week it will be Lavender, Echinacea, and German Chamomile...and then come TOMATOES... can't wait!

untitled2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun!!! where did you end up getting all your supplies like the warming mat and trays?

amy said...

Warming mats and trays from Mendards. I didn't plan to buy them there but was there for something else and saw everything so I got it. But I think it's the same one I see everywhere. Hope it works!!