7.24.2010

Delicious Pasta Salad

Erika 016

I made a giant batch of this today for us and for some friends of ours who just had a baby. It was a fun one to make because I got to use so many things from our garden. Also all four of us loved it, which is not all that common around here.

Greek Pasta Salad
(I think I changed the recipe enough that I can actually call it my own)

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
2 1/2 cups cooked pasta
1 or 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 or 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
1 cup sliced zucchini
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
sliced kalmata olives
3/4 cup sliced pepperoni sausage, cut into strips

In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, basil, oregano, black pepper, and sugar. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, feta cheese, olives, and pepperoni. Toss until evenly coated. Cover, and chill 2 hours or overnight.

No comments: