1.13.2010

18 Months

fingerpaint 026

Jackson was 18 months yesterday. Since this blog is also my "baby book", I feel the need to gush (just a little) over my baby boy and the little person he has become in just a year and a half. I have not stopped being amazed by this little being and his determination to do, well, anything. He is persistent. Whatever he sees Grace, Ryan or I doing (or eating) he is certain that it is something he must experience as well. And the talking, I love the talking... and he is a chatter-box. Again he is determined to keep up with the conversations around him and I have lost track of all the words he can say. Not to mention he astonsihes me with what he understands. It is so exhilarating to be able to actually communicate with him. My favorite was the other day I asked "who wants an orange?" and from the other room I heard two little voices say, "I do!"

fingerpaint 033

A few of my favorite current Jacksonisms
- When he hurts himself he comes running over with the hurt appendage outstretched in my direction for a kiss. After the kiss, he's usally happy again and runs away to play. Ahh,the power of a kiss.

- When we sing "Old McDonald" and get to "and on his farm he had a..." and pause, Jackson will shout "horse" every time. (Except that it sounds more like "hoose", which makes it even cuter.)

- When he is in the mood, he will go up to Grace, give her a hug and a pat and say "nice".

- He has his own baby ("Baby Boy") that he likes to put to sleep by holding and rocking him and saying "shhh shhh shhh". Melts my heart everytime.

- And his newest one... he said "bless you" today after I sneezed.

Oh how I love this little boy. And he's only just begining.

No comments: