8.11.2009

A Happy Day





Today was a good day. A really good day. We had some tough days last week with being sick and trying to get our life back in order after vacation. I need to remember to change things up a bit when I'm feeling uninspired. Today we went to the "little library" which we've only been to a few times but is always fun because it's easier for me to keep them in one area (there really only is one area there, hence our nickname "little library"). They both actually looked at books and listened as we read some together. We all really had a good time. Then we decided to go for a walk by the river (something I definitely want to do more of before it gets too cold) and stumbled upon a little outdoor market that apparently goes on every Tuesday in the summer. We bought some fresh watermelon and grapes and plopped down under a shady tree with a river view to enjoy our snack. There is something about the river that always relaxes me and catapults me right into the present moment. I love it, love it. So there it is, a recipe for a happy day- do something different, something easy, preferably involve the river, and if possible... eat watermelon.





No comments: