8.18.2009

A Date






I knew Ryan was going to be home late tonight so I wanted to plan something fun in the evening to help make the night go smoother. And, since everyone had a good nap(s) today, I also knew it was going to be a late night to bed, which is fun every now and then because it allows us to do things we wouldn't normally be able to do around that time. So tonight after dinner (when we would normally be slowing things down and getting into bedtime mode) we went downtown for the Tuesday market we discovered last week. But this time we got to enjoy the live music and later evening activities...like face painting and ice cream cones (or, in Jackson's case, an almost limitless amount of banana crackers). Though it would have been really great if Ryan could have been there too, I felt like I was on a date with my kids- and I loved it. Sometimes as the mom I feel like I don't do as much of the "fun" stuff as Ryan or the Grandparents (like treats, staying up late, seeing new things) so this was a delight for me. And a great end to our day.

No comments: