6.26.2009

Where I've Been


I spent the past two weeks here, at this amazing early childhood training program in Milwaukee. It was, and always is (this was my forth session here) very inspiring learning. It is unlike any other school I know of in that it prepares you to work with children on so many levels. One of the deep values that is embedded in almost all of the course work there is that we are the young child's curriculum. This has some pretty big implications if you think about it. If you knew that your child was absorbing everything you said and did how would you go about your day? This is the question that has been sitting with me ever since I returned home. It is a good question to sit with I think. I also came away with so many new wonderful songs, games, recipes and other creative ideas...and as always, a deeper appreciation for all things domestic. And most importantly, I am feeling very ready to start planning the new business (more on this later) with Kirsten.

The picture above is of some of us kneading bread for lunch. Something I can't wait to do with Grace very soon.

No comments: