12.02.2018

In the Spirit

2018-12-02_09-25-17

On Friday after Grace got done with her homeschool classes I brought the (big) kids to my parent's house for the weekend.  They have a tradition every December of taking the kids for a weekend and doing Christmasy sorts of things.  When we got there, there were candles lit, the tree was up and glowing, and my mom was wearing a Christmas apron.  It was very magical.

2018-12-02_09-22-20

I brought Iyla back home for our weekend which wasn't so great on the front end.  We are in the process of night weaning her and Friday was a long night with her up a lot.  Saturday when we woke up I wasn't in the best of moods.  Ryan had to go the apartment to do some work so the little monkey and I stayed home while I tried to get some things done.  At one point I walked into the living room for a second and came back into the kitchen to find Iyla on the table shaking the salt like a rattle.  Shortly after that I decided this was pointless as I was getting nothing done, so we went to the knitting store in Stillwater.

2018-12-02_09-23-34

That was where the whole weekend shifted.  First it started to snow.  Then the knitting shop was bustling with crafty/maker energy and I found some beautiful yarn for the dress I'm making Iyla (which is suppose to be her Christmas present but I'll never be able to wait to give it to her).  Then I called Ryan and he met us for dinner at a restaurant next door to the knitting shop.  We sat by the window and the snow kept coming gently down.

2018-12-02_09-24-18

After that the rest of the weekend was blissful.  Knitting and hanging out with Ryan and planning Christmas presents.  I even got the art room all cleaned up so we have a spot to do our elving.

2018-12-02_10-01-51

The kids had the best weekend too, making Christmas cookies with my mom and sister, ornament making with my dad, and out to see the new Grinch movie, which got rave reviews from all of them!

I think we are all now officially in the spirit.  Let the making begin!

No comments: