12.19.2016

Random Thoughts

2016-12-19_08-46-33

2016-12-19_08-50-39

This was the sunrise I woke up to today.  Our curtains are actually white so that pinky-peach color was a little good morning present from the sun.  A happy start to the day.

Today was our first day of winter break.  Yes.  I love winter break.  Except that today I found myself feeling crabby way too often.  It is only now as I look back on the day that I realized I never went outside!  You'd think with that sunrise and all it would have been the first thing I did.  Whoops.  Tomorrow.

2016-12-19_08-56-43

We have been busy making our Christmas gifts (that's Grace with the drill up there).  It is hands down my favorite tradition we do with the kids.  Tonight Grace told me that she is so excited for Christmas because she can't wait to give her gifts.  Me too.

2016-12-19_09-49-48

Today was my Grandma's birthday.  In her honer my mom and I spent the day texting old pictures of her to each other.  This was one of my favorites.

2016-12-19_09-50-16

Last week I made snowflakes with the kids.  As we sat down at the table I begin folding my paper and they all stared at me, well how do we make them mom? Wait, has it really been that long that no one remembers making snowflakes?  So I proceeded to show them what to do and when I opened my paper the look of stunned joy and amazement on Grace's face is one that I will never forget.  We now have a snowflake in every window space and their bedroom looks like a blizzard.

No comments: