11.27.2016

Thanksgiving

2016-11-27_10-26-52
{Turkey going in}

2016-11-27_10-27-06
{Turkey out}

019
{Reading "Cranberry Thanksgiving"}

020
{Puzzling}

024
{Getting the table ready and Jackson making his fruit salad}

027

033

2016-11-27_10-40-29
{The two "waitresses" taking orders for dessert}

I think I need to invest in a new camera.  This one just isn't reliable anymore.  But pictures aside some thanksgiving notes...

~ The 24 and 1/2 lb turkey was done in 3 and 1/2 hours (at 350).
~ Grace made her pumpkin bars again with cream cheese frosting, Jackson made his cornbread as well as fruit salad, Nora made Cranberry bread from the book Cranberry Thanksgiving
~ I made my usual pumpkin pies (though next year I want to find new recipe, I only like this one when I add extra spices) as well as delicata squash (definitely new tradition) and the turkey (well I'm the briner anyway).
~ I had almost all of the cleaning done by Tuesday.  This meant that for the most part Wednesday could be devoted to cooking and baking with the kids.  Very enjoyable.
~ Katie and Kris stayed overnight in the camper.  Hope that's a new tradition.
~ All and all a really good Thanksgiving.  As always I was overcome with a feeling of gratitude for all of my beautiful family.

No comments: