9.26.2015

This Year's Garden

025

What can I say about this year's garden... hmmm.  Well the other day we found this sunflower that Jackson planted had popped up.  That was nice.  And my sis and I did can all those tomatoes.  That was very nice.

026

Remember when I said these "flowers" were my favorite "flowers" to photograph in the fall?  Is it believable if I say that I planted our whole garden full of them?  You know, just to photograph.  Look how pretty they are!

031

After the groundhog ate everything, and then I replanted it, and he ate it again, I kind of got discouraged about gardening this year. Plus those potato beetles ate every potato plant aside from the beautiful one that planted itself in our compost. Oh and I thought it was a good idea to place a rounded wire screen over the whole melon garden- NOT a good idea as the weeds got tangled up in it and I couldn't pull them out.  Everytime I went to the garden after all of this I was reminded by all the empty (weed) beds of what wasn't growing.  This didn't prove to be a very good motivator.  By the end of the season I was really doing my best to avoid the garden altogether.

But look at those squash!  Don't they look delicious!  (I have to try and end the year on a good note so come next spring I will be inspired (tricked) into doing this all over again).  I know, they do look delicious!  I cannot wait to eat them!  My garden is amazing!  I'm so glad I'm a real gardener!

No comments: