3.17.2015

Yes

005

Today Jackson woke up with a smile on his face for the first time in a long time.  I felt hopeful in that moment but, I was still holding my breath.  A few hours later when he was still sitting up I felt even more hopeful. Several hours later when I looked out the window and saw him wildly riding bikes and scooters outside with Grace and Nora I finally let out a cheer.  He was better.

The conclusion was that he initially had some sort of virus, but then the virus went away and was replaced by a spinal tap headache (which is incredibly painful and can in of itself be something quite serious).  But because he was acting the same in both cases (laying down and complaining of a horrible headache) the doctors were concerned it may have all been one underlying mystery illness.  But thankfully not, and now we know.

010

I do not handle these sorts of situations well and my parenting over the last few days has reflected that immensely.  Yesterday in a pure state of fear and exhaustion I found myself angrily yelling at the one person I was most concerned about...  But you haven't brushed your teeth in three days, you haaaave to brush your teeth!!  

012

So aside from practicing self-forgiveness, I (we) are also growing micro-greens.  One day last week Jackson arose from the couch and pointed to the bag of seeds that had been sitting untouched on our kitchen cabinet for the past 5 months (because they were suppose to supply us with fresh greens all winter because of course I would plant them every week starting last November) and asked "Can we plant these?"  Oh my gosh yes!!  I can't fix your headache or figure out what is wrong with you but by golly YES we can plant these!

019

So... we did.  And now Jackson is better AND we have micro-greens.

No comments: